Billingham Bowling Club is formed by the merger of John Whitehead Park Bowling Club and Billingham Ladies Bowling Club.
Billingham Urban District Council in the early 1950's began construction of a park opposite the new Billingham Town Centre. The bowling greens at John Whitehead Park were laid in the early 1950's with John Whitehead Park Bowling Club being formed in 1953 as a mens bowling club. A Ladies Club was formed in 1955 the Billingham Ladies.
Both clubs shared the two greens at John Whitehead Park (JWP). There has been many attempts to merge the two clubs without great success with each club citing reasons why not to merge. We now exist in a more enlightened age where the formation of Billingham Bowling Club is seen as a benefit to all. In order to help maintain the heritage of the former clubs the ladies section retain Billingham Ladies and the mens section retains JWP.
The Billingham Bowling Club badge depicts this by showing part of both clubs former badges.
Latest News & Events
Last Updated: 3rd March 2019
Billingham Bowling Club are actively looking at attracting new members to keep developing the club for now and the future.
If you are interested in finding out how to join please get in contact.