Billingham Bowling Club
Pre Season Meeting
Sunday 10th April 1.30pm
The Executive committee will continually monitor the current Covid situation and the risk to bowling at the park. Any decisions will be made after due consideration of any changes of circumstances.
Billingham Bowling Club is formed by the merger of John Whitehead Park Bowling Club and Billingham Ladies Bowling Club.
Billingham Urban District Council in the early 1950's began construction of a park opposite the new Billingham Town Centre. The bowling greens at John Whitehead Park were laid in the early 1950's with John Whitehead Park Bowling Club being formed in 1953 as a mens bowling club. A Ladies Club was formed in 1955 the Billingham Ladies.
Both clubs shared the two greens at John Whitehead Park (JWP). There has been many attempts to merge the two clubs without great success with each club citing reasons why not to merge. We now exist in a more enlightened age where the formation of Billingham Bowling Club is seen as a benefit to all. In order to help maintain the heritage of the former clubs the ladies section retain Billingham Ladies and the mens section retains JWP.
The Billingham Bowling Club badge depicts this by showing part of both clubs former badges.
News & Events
Billingham Bowling Club are continually developing the club for now and the future by attracting new members.
If you are interested in finding out how to join us please get in contact.
Last Updated: 28th Mar 2022